Monday, September 1, 2008

Jiquilillo - Tina´s Rancho Tranquilo


Our first day in León we noticed a simple little advertisement in our hostel. It read:

Come visit the North Coast!
Hola! I am from San Francisco, California - which is a beautiful place - but now I have found PARADISE! I have recently bought a house right on the beautiful beach of Los Zorros, Nicaragua. There are gorgeous views, deserted beaches, great swimming, beautiful shells and a warm, friendly community.

...4 dollars a day...surfboards for rent... horseback riding...huge vegetarian meals...etc.
Take a bus north from Chinandega...ask to get off at RANCHO TRANQUILO...ask for "Tina the Gringa."

Bienvenidos!
Tina
...
Mel spotted it first and recommended it check it out. So I read the aforementioned, plus details. Slightly later I was watching some surf movies with some Aussies who had been traveling northwards from Chile for months. I ended up telling them about Chacocente, my whole time there, and some lady I guess overheard me because soon after she asked me about it. So we chatted, she thought the project was awesome, because it is, and lo and behold this lady was Tina. The Tina. That pretty much sealed the deal, and a week and a half later, we finally made it.


Tina didn´t exaggerate








Most every night we were blessed with terrifying lightning storms. Indescribable.


Thank you Tina and Dennis. And Jonathan Beer, even though you´re not funny and you suck at guitar.

No comments: